Service Standards and Behavior Guidelines
As an employee of Franklin Foundation
Hospital, I believe it is incumbent upon me to provide the highest
quality of service to our patients, their families, customers and
co-workers. When I choose to work at Franklin Foundation
Hospital, I am choosing to embrace the following standards and
behavioral values in order to promote the mission and vision of
Franklin Foundation Hospital. I am totally committed to, and will
be accountable for, demonstrating my Positive Attitude, Compassion,
Professionalism, and Knowledge and Competency while serving the
hospital's patients and co-workers, and will adhere to the standards
outlined in this document.
- I will make a conscious effort to have a positive, willing, and
flexible attitude each day.
- I will welcome new employees to the department.
- I will be a team player and work collaboratively to help others,
including those outside of my departments.
- I will avoid using the phrase, "that's not my job."
- I will promote confidence in Franklin Foundation Hospital by
speaking well of my co-workers, medical staff, our organization, especially but not only, in front of patients.
- I will convey concern and compassion as well as willingness to
- I will respect my patient's dignity. I will knock before
entering a room, appropriately cover patients that are being
transferred or transported.
- I will respect religious and cultural diversity as well as those
with special needs.
- I will introduce myself, my position, and purpose prior to any
treatment, procedure, or service delivery.
Knowledge and Competency
- I will dress to reflect respect and professionalism. I will
be mindful of what my appearance portrays by wearing clothes that are
clean, neat, and in good repair.
- I will respect my coworkers by ensuring that my workspace is
clean, neat, and organized prior to leaving each day or night.
- I will wear my name badge properly on the upper part of my body
where it proudly communicates who I am and what I do.
- I will promote a nurturing, healing, and safe physical
environment by removing clutter, ensuring cleanliness, and keeping
equipment in working order. I will report any damaged equipment
or unsafe situations immediately.
- I will avoid using communication devices (cell phones, text,
internet, etc.,) for personal reasons during work time.
- I will proactively seek opportunities for continued learning as
well as professional and personal growth.
- I will lead by example.
- I will give and receive constructive criticism in a timely
manner, and turn it into an opportunity to improve.
- I will take time to read hospital communications (emails, flyers,
bulletins, policies, electronic boards, etc.) to stay informed of
responsibilities, changes, and events. I will avoid repeatedly
using the phrase, "I didn't know."
- I will ensure that my coworkers and patients are informed and
updated about changes.
- I will embrace change by contributing and being open to new ideas
and approaches. Further, I will avoid using phrases like, "that's
how we've always done it".
- I will care for my own health, well-being, and emotions so that I
can better care for others.
Furthermore, and above all, I will
exceed the expectations of my customers, patients, and co-workers and
other customers by consistently doing the right thing, at the right
time, and for the right reason. I agree to abide by these
standards of behavior for the duration of my employment at Franklin
Foundation Hospital. I understand that if I fail in my commitment
to these standards I may be subject to disciplinary action up to and