Employee Behavioral Standards
At Allen Parish Hospital, we set our standard for care at EXCELLENT. We feel our employees deserve no less, so we set our behavior standards there as well. We expect each employee to meet and uphold these standards as well as hold others accountable to them.|
To my patients and visitors, I will:
- acknowledge everyone with a greeting.
- help anyone in need of assistance.
- not discuss staffing or other internal issues in front of patients, families, or in the general public.
- treat all with compassion, respect, and dignity.
- treat others as I wish to be treated.
- listen to every patient's needs and address them by their preferred name.
- keep a good attitude by smiling, being friendly and courteous, and saying please and thank you.
To my co-workers, I will:
- not say "It's not my job."
- not engage in or listen to negativity or gossip. I recognize that listening without acting to stop it is the same as participating.
- respect my coworker's time.
- treat everyone in a courteous manner; rudeness is never acceptable.
- treat co-workers respectfully and professionally by listening and avoiding defensiveness, verbally and non-verbally.
- resolve issues directly with my co-workers, and immediately inform my supervisor if unable to resolve.
- look first at the process design rather than blaming people when problems arise.
- initiate solutions and be accountable for my actions.
- maintain a "need to know" attitude.
- praise co-workers.
- own responsibility of projects.
- attend and be engaged in scheduled trainings, meetings and other learning opportunities.
For my hospital, I will:
- take pride in where I work.
- be accepting of change.
- discuss issues in a constructive manner.
- always speak positively about my workplace.
Each employee at Allen Parish Hospital is given a copy of the employee standards of behavior and asked to sign a pledge to uphold them at all times.